Officer Jermaine Galloway
“The Tall Cop”
The Tall Cop trains on various alcohol and drug trends including: vapes, drug clothing, stash compartments, underage drinking, synthetic drugs, marijuana concentrates / dabbing, marijuana extraction labs, electronic dance music (EDM) events/raves, inhalants, fake ID’s, party drugs, over-the-counter drugs, cough medicines, drug potentiators, herbal drugs, designer drugs, physical signs and symptoms of drug use, the influence of drug legalization, marijuana edibles, drug paraphernalia, logos, and identifiers.
In addition to creating and starting two non-profit organizations, Officer Galloway was a past Vice President of an alcohol and drug free prevention coalition, former member of the Idaho statewide impaired driving task force and a past board member of the National Liquor Law Enforcement Association (NLLEA).
In addition to other media stories and webinars the Tall Cop has been interviewed on ABC Dallas affiliate WFAA and Officer Galloway has been highlighted in a national video, produced by Human Relations Media, about the harms of “Spice – the Synthetic Marijuana.”
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- In 2009, Officer Galloway received the National Underage Drinking Law
Enforcement Officer of the Year award from the OJJDP (Officer of Juvenile
Justice and Delinquency Prevention) for his efforts and strategies in underage
drinking education and enforcement.
- In 2010, Officer Galloway received the national “Mickey Sadoff” Underage
Drinking Prevention Award from MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) for his
efforts in education and enforcement.
- In 2015, Officer Galloway received the national and international award from
AAMVA (American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators) for his efforts in
Fake ID identification, education and enforcement.
- In 2015, Officer Galloway helped to create a program, and Boise City
Ordinance, called “The 10-10 Zone” which in turn, won a national award from
the NLLEA (National Liquor Law Enforcement Association).
- In 2015, Officer Galloway’s program, “You Can’t Stop What You Don’t KnowTM”,
was highlighted in the recently released book ” Clearing the Haze” Helping
Families Face Teen Addiction, by Dr. Christian Thurstone and Christine Tatum.
- In 2017, Officer Galloway won the National Enrique Camarena Drug Awareness
Award from the National Elks Drug Awareness program. This award is named
after federal DEA Agent Camarena who lost his life while enforcing drug laws.
The national “Red Ribbon” drug awareness week in October was created in
honor of Agent Camarena.
- In 2018, Officer Galloway received the Law Enforcement Partner Award form
the New York State STOP-DWI Foundation for his statewide efforts to prevent
and educate law enforcement on drug-impaired drivers.
- Officer Galloway is also an Idaho POST certified instructor and holds a BA
from the University of San Francisco.